Friday, May 1, 2009
Saturday, April 25, 2009
Posted by Cassandra Puddlemere at 7:33 AM
Saturday, April 18, 2009
1. This “Harry Potter” character’s first name comes from Roman mythology. The mythological character’s twin brother is named Romulus. What is the Harry Potter character last name?
2. Which “Harry Potter” character’s first name is the Roman equivalent of the Greed Goddess Athena?
3. In ‘Harry Potter’ World, this wizard has created the Philosopher’s Stone (called the Sorcerer Stone in the US). The historical figure from the 14th and 15th centuries was a scribe and a manuscript-seller who became famous as an alchemist. Who is this individual?
4. What is the first name of a character whose last name is the name of a Bulgarian leader from early 9th century who doubled the country’s territory?
5. Which character’s name is the name of goddess in Indian mythology?
6. “Where the Wild Things Are” tells the story of Max, a young boy sent to bed without his supper for his wild antics. Who created this winner of the Caldecott Medal?
a. Maurice Sendak
7. What was NOT one of the unexpected defense mechanisms that Harry, Ron, Hermione, and Griphook encountered in their attempt to rob Gringotts?
d. The Geminio Curse
8. What was Snape aiming at when he cut off George’s ear?
c. Another death eaters wand hand
9. How much older than James was Lily? (Referring to Harry’s parents, not children).
d. 2 months
10. Food is one of the five exceptions to what magical law?
b. Gamp’s Law of Elemental Transfiguration
Posted by Cassandra Puddlemere at 5:54 AM
Friday, April 10, 2009
Posted by Cassandra Puddlemere at 10:28 AM
Thursday, April 9, 2009
Posted by Cassandra Puddlemere at 10:33 AM
Wednesday, April 8, 2009
Friday, April 3, 2009
I am so fricken excited...My spoiler, thee Elanor Cadagon, has dropped a hint that my package has taken flight!!!
Posted by Cassandra Puddlemere at 10:28 AM
Friday, March 27, 2009
Posted by Cassandra Puddlemere at 11:11 AM
Tuesday, March 17, 2009
Saturday, March 14, 2009
1. On which day did the Order of the Phoenix come to get Harry?
d. The day of his 17th birthday
2. During all this chaos with voldemort and the Death Eaters, people still had lives to live and Ron's oldest brother, Bill decided to marry Fleur Delacour? Who were the uninvited guests at Bill and Fleur's wedding?
b. Death Eaters
3. Voldemort had seven Horcruxes hidden in different places. Six of them were hidden at the Gaunt shack, Hogwarts, a cave, inside Harry, inside his snake, Nagini and Tom Riddles Diary. Did Voldemort hide the last Horcrux inside the Malfoy's vault at Gringotts?
4. Why did the Dumbledore's move to Godric's Hollow?
a. The reason is unknown
b. They were tired of their old home.
c. The father went to Azkaban
d. It was a better place for their children to grow up
5. Harry and Hermione read a part of "Life and Lies of Albus Dumbledore," written by Rita Skeeter. Then they met Dumbledore's brother Abeforth and he told them the same story, just with a few details changed. Which of the following did Aberforth and Rita Skeeter agree on about Dumbdore's past?
a. Why the Dumbledore family moved to Godric's Hollow
b. That Dumbledore was friends with Grindelwald for a while.
c. Why nobody outside the family noticed Ariana much.
d. The reason for Dumbledore's father's imprisonment in Azkaban.
6. When Harry and Hermione visit Godric's Hollow, they visit the graveyard to see Harry's parent's graves. Harry walks by a tombstone that we later learn belong to tone of "The Three Broother'. The brother buried there once owned what?
a. The ressrection stone
b. The cloak
c. The wand
d. The sword
7. The Trio finds out that Luna had been kidnapped by the Death Eaters , and that they won't give her back until they got Harry Potter. Why did they kidnap Luna?
a. Her father sided with Harry and Dumbledore
b. They though he would come to her rescue
c. She was a muggleborn
d. Her father failed as a Death Eater
8. After Voldemort killed Snape, he left the room and Harry came out from under the cloak. Snape gave Harry some of his memories all the way from when he was a child to just months before. Harry dived into the Pensieve and which of the following did he not see?
a. Dumbldore telling Snape that at some point Snape had to kill him.
b. Snape telling Lily she was a witch
c. Snape and Lily having fun in a potions class
d. Snape talking to Dumbledore on a hilltop
9. On the search of the Lost Diadem, Harry finally gets to takl to the Gray Lady. Who was the Gray Lady when she was alive?
a. She didn't remember because she had been dead for so long.
b. Rowena Ravenclaw.
c. Helena Ravenclaw.
d. A girl who was put in ravenclaw 800 years previously
10. Which of these is not one of Harry or Ron's children?
Picture Scavenger Hunt
These pictures must either be posted to your blog or linked to from your blog.
Posted by Cassandra Puddlemere at 4:46 PM
Friday, March 6, 2009
Ugh, seriously its march, did mother nature not get the memo. SPRING is supposed to be upon us. I should be seeing leaves popping out from the earth, trees budding, or at the very least a temperature higher than 22 degrees. Instead, I get 12"of snow
Posted by Cassandra Puddlemere at 5:17 PM
Thursday, February 26, 2009
1. Harry discovers in Regulus' room that he and Regulus have something uncommon and unexpected in common. What is this, and how did he figure it out?
They were both on a mission to destroy Voldemort's Horcuxes. Harry and Hermioen realized while in Regulus' room that Regulus Arturus Black may be the mysterious R.A.B. who signed his name in the false locket that Harry and Dumbledore recovered from the cave. The summon Kreacher who tells the tale of how Regulus had a change of heart regarding Voldemort and how Regulus made Kreacher take him back to the cave where Regulus drank the potion, stole the locket, and replaced it with the false one. He then ordered Kreacher to return home and destroy the locket.
2.On three ocassions former professors can be presumed to have "visited" the trio while they are in "exhile" - which professors and which ocassions would these be?
#1 Remis Lupin at #12 Grimmauld place
#2. Phineas Nigellus Black in the forest via the portrait Hermione placed in her bottomless pit bag
#3. Dolores Umbridge at the Ministry of Magic while the trio were undercover
3. How do Ron and Harry get into the Ministry?
They each drank polyjuice potion and took on the appearence of ministry employees. Hermione become Mafalda Hopkirk, Rom becomes Reg Cattermole, and Harry becomes Runcorn
4. Who is the blond-haired boy, and why is he important? The blonde-haired boy is actually Grindelwald, the last known master of the death stick
5. How is the exception that food cannot be conjured classified?It is one of the Principal Exceptions to Gamp's Law Of Elememntal transfiguration. Food may be multiplied once a real food object is actually in hand, but cannot be created from nothing.
6. Where does the trio first run into Dean Thomas? In the woods. Dean is on the run with Ted Tonks, Dirk Cresswell and the goblins Griphook and Gornuk
7. Bathilda Bagshot does not speak in front of Hermione because....
Bathilda is actually Nagini in a Bagshot skin and when she speaks its in parsel tongue. Harry would hear it as English but Hermione would hear the hissing
8. Who can Harry be said to have buried in Deathly Hallows? Crabbe
9. Which Horcruxes has Harry actually seen in person before the book starts?
Riddles Diary, himself, Nagini, and the resurrection stone/ring
10. Who actually destroys each of the Horcruxes?
Resurrection stone/ring was destroyed by Albus Dumbledore
Tom riddle's Diary was Destroyed by Harry Potter
Helga Hufflepuff's cup was destroyed by Hermione Granger
Salazar Slytherin's locket was destroyed by Ron Weasley
Ravenclaw's Diadem was destroyed by Crabbe
Harry Potter was destroyed by Lord Voldemort
Nagini was destroyed by Neville Longbottom
Extra credit:Tom Riddle's grandfather inherited the stone of resurrection. Harry's father inherited the invisibility cloak. What does this imply about Tom Riddle and Harry Potter?
They are related through the Peverell brothers. Voldemort is a descendent of Cadmus Peverell and Harry is a descendent of Ignotus Peverell. Distant cousins somewhere down the ole ancestral line
Posted by Cassandra Puddlemere at 4:56 AM
Tuesday, February 17, 2009
MAD EYE Moody Nymphadora Tonks
No. 4 Privet Drive
1. What momentous event was the reason that the members of the Order of the Phoenix felt it necessary to move Harry out of the Dursley’s house?
a. The start of the new school year
b. The Dursleys kicking him out
c. Voldemort’s escape from Azkaban
d. Harry’s upcoming birthday
2. Who revealed the actual date of Harry’s transfer to Voldemort, despite the misinformation the Order had been spreading around that the move would occur on the eve of his actual birthday?
3. With the use of Polyjuice Potion (and to confuse any possible attack by Death Eaters), six member of the Order were disguised as Harry and escorted out of Privet Drive, along with the real Harry. Which member of the order did not survive that night?
a. Mad-Eye Moody
b. Nymp0hadora Tonks
d. George Weasley
4. Who informed Harry, Ron and Hermione of the bequests left to them in Dumbledore’s will?
a. Kingley Shaclebolt
b. Minerva McGonalgall
c. Arthur Weasley
d. Rufus Scimgeour
5. During the wedding celebration for Bill and Fleur, Kingley Shacklebolt sent a Patronus to tell the guests that the Ministry had fallen, Scrimgeour (the Minister) was dead and the wedding celebration was about to be attacked by Death Eaters. What form did the Patronus take?
a. A lynx
b. An otter
c. A doe
d. A stag
6. Escaping from the wedding to London, our three friends found themselves confronted by a pair of Death Eaters, disguised as workmen. This close brush impressed on them the need to find someplace to hide. Where did they decide to go?
a. The Leaky Cauldron
b. Sirius Black’s house
c. The Dursley’s house
d. Ron’s Auntie Muriel’s house
7. Kreacher’s animosity towards Harry, Ron and especially Hermione (a Mudblood) was well documented in book five, “The Order of the Phoenix.” His initial interaction with them showed that his attitude had not changed. How did they win him over?
a. By giving him clothes and his freedom
b. They didn’t win him over!
c. By giving him something to eat
d. By giving him Regulus Black’s old locket
8. Who did they eventually find was in possession of the locket/Horcrux?
a. Severus Snape
b. Lucius Malfoy
c. Lord Voldemort
d. Dolores Umbridge
9. What did Harry find embedded in the door of Umbrdige’s office?
a. Moody’s magical eye
b. Nymphadora’s purple hair
c. Hedwig’s head
d. George Weasley’s ear
10. After retrieving the Horcrux, they tried to return to their safe place but they were pursued (actually Yaxley tagged along when they disapparated). This meant that the Death Eaters knew their hiding place and they had to go somewhere else. Where did Hermione take them?
a. To Godric’s Hollow
b. To the Forbidden Forest
c. Back to the Burrow
d. To the site of the Quidditch World Cup
Posted by Cassandra Puddlemere at 8:04 AM
Saturday, February 14, 2009
9. His Dark Materials - Philip Pullman
14. Complete Works of Shakespeare Well not the complete works
15. Rebecca - Daphne Du Maurier (great book!)
17. Birdsong - Sebastian Faulks
19. The Time Traveller’s Wife - Audrey Niffenegger
20. Middlemarch - George Eliot
21. Gone With The Wind - Margaret Mitchell
24. War and Peace - Leo Tolstoy
25. The Hitch Hiker’s Guide to the Galaxy - Douglas Adams
26. Brideshead Revisited - Evelyn Waugh
30. The Wind in the Willows - Kenneth Grahame
38. Captain Corelli’s Mandolin - Louis De Bernieres
43. One Hundred Years of Solitude - Gabriel Garcia Marquez
44. A Prayer for Owen Meaney - John Irving
45. The Woman in White - Wilkie Collins
47. Far From The Madding Crowd - Thomas Hardy
53. Cold Comfort Farm - Stella Gibbons
55. A Suitable Boy - Vikram Seth
58. Brave New World - Aldous Huxley
59. The Curious Incident of the Dog in the Night-time - Mark Haddon
62. Lolita - Vladimir Nabokov
63. The Secret History - Donna Tartt
64. The Lovely Bones - Alice Sebold
66. On The Road - Jack Kerouac
67. Jude the Obscure - Thomas Hardy
68. Bridget Jones’ Diary - Helen Fielding
69. Midnight’s Children - Salman Rushdie
74. Notes From A Small Island - Bill Bryson
75. Ulysses - James Joyce
76. The Bell Jar - Sylvia Plath
77. Swallows and Amazons - Arthur Ransome (My favourite books as a child)
78. Germinal - Emile Zola
79. Vanity Fair - William Makepeace Thackeray
80. Possession - AS Byatt
82. Cloud Atlas - David Mitchell
83. The Color Purple - Alice Walker .
84. The Remains of the Day - Kazuo Ishiguro
86. A Fine Balance - Rohinton Mistry
88. The Five People You Meet In Heaven - Mitch Albom
89. Adventures of Sherlock Holmes - Sir Arthur Conan Doyle
90. The Faraway Tree Collection - Enid Blyton
93. The Wasp Factory - Iain Banks
94. Watership Down - Richard Adams
95. A Confederacy of Dunces - John Kennedy Toole
96. A Town Like Alice - Nevil Shute
Posted by Cassandra Puddlemere at 8:07 AM
Thursday, February 12, 2009
Can you tell our Fearless leader Quinn was a former 'puffball. The chick is making me work too hard!
1. Which housemate has an 11 ½ inch holly wand with a Dragon Heartstring core? Bathilda Boomslang
2. Which housemate creates rockin’ sock patterns? The enigmatic Emma Wigworthy
3. Which housemate has the hots for David Boreanez? Uh, who doesn't? but I guess that would be me, cuz he is YUM EEEE
4. Which housemate used to be the top badger who made a habit of eating snakes? Quinn, however she has quickly learned the error of her ways. One night with Crucio in her bed changed that real quick!
5. Which housemate shows off her awards from HSKS6 on her blog? Madam Ferula Finnigan
6. Which housemate makes kickass cookies IRL? Esme Beanswallow. They are really really fricken good too! ( i feel no need for censorship so i added the ass in ;P)
7. Which housemate is a third year Slytherclaw, whatever the hell that means? Callisto Verity, i think it means she's confused, she was practicing the confundus charm in the mirror and zapped herself. I am working on the cure.
8. Which housemate wants Plymouth to make her feet happy? Belladona Boomslang
9. Which housemate is a knitting addict? L to the F!!
10. Which housemate loves to sing?Diana Lockhart
11. Which housemate has issues with muggle devices? Ginny Crookshanks
12. Which housemate likes Darth HelloKitty? Cecily Fortescue
13. Which housemate has a member of the family with his own fan club? Queen Frysia, she has Prince Corey ::sighs:: I'm not only the President but also a client.
14. Which housemate has never-ending PMS? Olivia Gaunt, I am struggling not to comment on this one.
15. Which housemate originally comes from South New Joisey? Penelope Caerphilly
16. Which housemate “adores” European chocolates? Clara Clovenhoof. Sadly enough I am a fan of dairy milk myself
17. Which housemate has a roommate who seriously put a crimp in her communication abilities? Rowena Weasley
18. Which housemate was UNfortunate enough to lose her HP husband? Lavender Diggory-Dolohov. We will find Sirius
Which housemate likes some Nascar dude? ? Andromeda Finch-Fletchley
20. Which housemate needs a new time-turner? O Crookshanks
Posted by Cassandra Puddlemere at 5:50 AM
Sunday, February 1, 2009
First Slytherin House Quiz
What are your three most favorite colors?
Purple, Green, and Blue
What are you three least favorite colors?
Your favorite candy is _Red Swedish Fish or Dark Chocolate_.
Draco, Lucius, or Snape?
Do you knit, crochet, or both?
What type of kit did you ask for?
Acrylic—has its uses, should all be burned, best yarn to work with (choose one)?
Who is the Slytherin Head Girl this term?
Name four “extras” you would love to receive in your kit.
What are your three most favorite scents?
Do you prefer salty or sweet snacks?
Which Slytherin is the Keeper of the Crucio List?
Do you really need more stitch markers?
Dpns, circular, or straight?
What yarn makes you squee?
Favorite HP Movie?
Favorite HP character?
Who was your first choice for DADA professor?
What is the Slytherin Common Room called?
What makes you worthy of being in Slytherin House?
Posted by Cassandra Puddlemere at 5:42 PM
Thursday, January 15, 2009
Thats right ladies and gents after a brief mission assigned by the Headmistress (top secret, with a don't ask dont tell policy) I am back at Hoggy Warty Hogwarts and back with Slytherin. Apparently, we've had a bit of a shake up and the former puffball, known as Lav. A, has come to Slytherin as Head Girl, Quinn. Not sure how I'm feeling about this. You know how the puffballs can be, so nice and sweet and caring and hard working :;shudder::. On the bright side I have been made Prefect so I'll be able to keep an eye on her. I think the Slytherin initiation must be done as well as a month long cycle of good habit breaking.
That should do it.
If not, I'll find other means to de-puff-ify her
Posted by Cassandra Puddlemere at 5:22 AM